If you are on vacation and unable to access your Gmail account then you can create a vacation responder to send an automatically reply of your choice to people who emails you while you’re away from Gmail. When anyone sends you a message or email, they’ll get an email response comprising what you’ve write in your auto reply. Creating an autoresponder in Gmail doesn’t take much time and can be completed online within a couple of minutes.
How do I set vacation message on Gmail?
Below, I am going to illustrate how to an auto responder for Gmail in very easy steps.
- Open Gmail official website and login to your Gmail account by entering your username and password.
- Click on the “Gear” icon and then select “Settings” Option from the drop menu that shows.
- Scroll down in the General settings tab, until you see “Vacation responder”
- Click on the radio button option beside “Vacation responder on”
- Provide the time details. Here, you have to set a First day and Last day of your vacation. If you don’t know when you are coming back from your vacation or want to keep the responder on indefinitely, and then leave the box next to Last day empty.
- Now you should write a subject and message. You’ll maybe want this comprise some basic information for anyone messaging you, such as How long you’ll be offline/away from email, When will be you expected to respond to them & To whom they can write if they have some emergency.
- Now, decide if it should go to everybody or only your Contacts list. If you need to send it only to your contacts, make a tick on the box saying so
- Click on “Save Changes” at the bottom of the menu to keep your settings.
- That’s it. You have successfully done setting up Gmail Autoresponder and now you don’t worry about any business emails while you are on holiday.