If you are also a tech geek who is using the Internet of a long time then you might know AOL mail is one of the earliest email services still active. With an amazing user interface, secure email, and easy-to-use features, AOL mail has all we want in an ideal email account. However, just like other email services, some login issues are also associated with AOL mail. You should note that entering the incorrect password is not the only reason behind AOL mail login issues. In fact, there are many factors that can lead to problems like being unable to log into AOL Mail, can’t sign-in, etc.
This article is going to help you a lot in case you can’t log in to your AOL email account. In this post, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to the AOL Mail Login Problem and how you can get rid of them easily.
What are the main reasons behind AOL Mail Login issues?
As stated earlier in this post, there are many factors due to which a user can find himself unable to sign into his AOL mail account. Let’s go through these reasons in detail.
- Entering Incorrect Password – Well, the most obvious and common reason behind such a problem is entering an incorrect password. That’s why it is always recommended that you should be very careful at the time of entering the password of your email account.
- Using incorrect username – Just like entering the correct password to log in to your AOL email account, it is also compulsory to enter the correct username. Those who are making a mistake while entering the username will have to deal with the AOL email login problem.
- You are trying to log in from a new device – For AOL mail, your security is the topmost priority. Most of the time, it asks you to verify your identity in case you try to sign in from a new location or device. In this way, the way service makes sure that your email account remains safe all the time. Actually, this is not a log-in problem. Here, the email service is just trying to keep you safe.
- AOL servers down in your area – Although it is very rare still possible that the AOL servers might be down in your area that’s why you are not able to sign in to your AOL email account. It is easy to fix this problem just by signing in to your account after some time. If the servers are down then AOL engineers might currently be working to fix it.
- Account security getting compromised – This one is the worst-case scenario. It is possible that you might not be able to access your AOL email account because it is currently hacked by someone. The first thing many hackers do after getting access to an email account is changing the password. In such a situation, all you can do is run AOL mail password recovery to get your email account back.
How to fix AOL mail sign-in issues Today?
You can fix most of the AOL mail login issues 2022 quite easily. Here are some simple steps that you can try to get rid of AOL email sign in problems.
- Many a time, the old school trick of “turn it off and on again” actually works. To try this, you just need to sign out of your account completely then log in back again.
- In case you are getting an “Invalid password. Please try again” message then must ensure that you are entering the correct password. Those who forgot the AOL mail password need to reset the same. Thankfully, the complete process of AOL email password recovery is very straightforward and simple. All you need to do is prove that you are the legitimate owner of the email account you are looking to recover.
- Also, you should ensure that the “caps lock” or “number lock” button is not active at the time of entering the password.
- You should also update your browser’s autofill settings.
- In case the problem continues then another thing that you can try is resetting the general web settings.
- Those who still can’t sign in should use a different browser and try again. Please note that AOL works the best on the latest version of top browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Make sure that Java Applet scripting is enabled on your web browser.
- Disable firewall and pop-up settings for a while and try to sign in once again. It is often noticed that firewalls can also stop users from signing in to email services including AOL.
- Additionally, you can also try using the following friendly URLs while logging in to your AOL mail account.
Two-step verification is enabled in AOL Mail but I am not asked to verify your identity
- Please note that you are sent a verification code for the first time you sign in from a new device or location.
- Once you successfully verified on your device, browser, and location, you may not be prompted to enter a verification code at the time of logging in from the saved device, and locations.
- In case you want to deauthorize a device, browser, or location then you can go to your AOL email recent activity page.
My AOL sign-in screen loops and reload every time I try to login
- Remember, in case you are unable to get your AOL email account back using the sign-in helper because your recovery info is wrong or inaccessible, you won’t be able to get your AOL email account back.
- Unfortunately, all you can do is sign up for a new AOL email account. Make sure you keep your account recovery options updated this time. You may seek further information by contacting AOL email customer service team.