AOL Mail Not Working: AOL is one of the top-notch email services available today. It is not only reliable but also easy to use for most people. However, similarly to any other email service, AOL is also susceptible to outages and other issues. There are numerous conditions and scenarios that can stop you from accessing your AOL mail account with ease. Fortunately, you can get rid of most of the problems related to the AOL mail with ease if you know some basic troubleshooting measures. In case you can’t use AOL or your AOL mail not working due to any reason then this post is just for you. Here, you will find the reasons why AOL email isn’t working for and what you can do in order to fix this situation.
Reasons why AOL mail not opening/ working On iphone and Outlook
As we have stated earlier, there are countless situations that can stop AOL mail from working properly. Still, you can check out our compiled list of some of the most common reasons why people face difficulties in using their AOL account.
- Slow Internet connection: The issues like AOL mail not opening, AOL mail not responding, etc. are generally caused due to a slow internet connection.
- Forgot AOL password: The AOL sign-in issues including unable to log in, can’t sign in, etc. are mostly occurs because of entering the incorrect password.
- Service Outage: Sometimes, you may face service outage due to various server issues.
- Using incompatible browser: The browser you are using also plays an important part in the smooth working of your AOL account.
- Problem with a third party email client you are using: Some people also complain about the problems like AOL mail not working on Outlook. Such users must not that it is quite that the problem might not be with your AOL account but with your Outlook account.
How to fix the AOL email account not working problem?
It is true that the exact steps to fix a problem depend upon the specific issue. Still, you may try the basic troubleshooting measures that we have listed below.
- Make sure you have a fast, smooth, and stable internet connection.
- Check if the problem is also occurring with the other people or it is just you. It is also possible that there might be a service outage in your area.
- Make sure you are using a web browser that is fully compatible with the AOL.
- Please update in case you are using an updated version of the browser.
- Clear the cache and cookies of your web browser in case AOL is loading slowly or sluggishly.
- In case you are unable to send AOL emails then ensure that the size and format of the email are supported.
- Temporarily, turn off your antivirus and try to run AOL mail again if the problem continues.
- In case you are using AOL on a third-party email client then you should also check the IMAP/ POP settings.
Please note that the above steps are applicable if AOL mail not working on Mac or a Windows computer.
AOL email not working on android, Iphone (13, 12, 11, Pro, IOS 14)
Nowadays, a large number of users prefer to check their AOL account through android. Many users also face different kinds of problems while using AOL on an Android. The general solutions to some of these problems are as follows.
- First of all, make sure your android device has a proper wifi or mobile data connection.
- Also, ensure that your device is not on the airplane mode.
- Check the IMAP/ POP settings in case you are using the AOL after setting it up on your android phone.
- You may also switch from POP to IMAP or vice-versa in case the problem continues.
- If the issue persists then you can switch to any other device and check if the AOL is working or not.
What to do if AOL email isn’t working on iPhone (13, 12, 11, Pro, IOS 14)?
Just like android devices AOL email is also used by a large number of people on iPhone. Let’s check out the steps that you should try in case you are unable to use/ open AOL mail on iPhone.
- The first thing that you need to check is proper internet connectivity to your iPhone.
- Also, make sure your iPhone is not working on Airplane mode. The airplane mode disrupts the Internet connection. So, AOL mail will not work properly.
- The POP/ IMAP settings are really important if you want to use AOL email via Mail app of your iPhone.
- You may remove AOL from your iPhone (13, 12, 11, Pro, IOS 14) completely and reconfigure it if the issue persists.
- If the problem is occurring while using AOL through mail app of the iPhone then you may run AOL web version through the safari web browser.