Whenever we hear the word AT&T, the image of a blazing fast internet service comes across our mind. However, do you know? AT&T also provides a very capable email service for its users. Features and functions wise, the email service of AT&T can match with any of the popular emails like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc. However, problems like “cannot send emails from AT&T email” can ruin the overall emailing experience of the users.
There are various possible factors that can stop a user from sending emails through his/ her AT&T email. We will discuss these factors here in this post. Apart from this, we are also going to provide a troubleshooting guide to fix unable to send emails on AT&T problem with ease.
Reasons why you can’t send Email from AT&T email account
Not being able to send AT&T emails is certainly one of the top-most issues that users have to face with their email account every now and then. It is not possible to predict a single factor that might be causing such an issue for you. Let’s discuss some of the most common factors that often cause such a problem.
- Internet Connectivity – To use AT&T email, you must have a good internet connection. In case your internet connectivity is not good then you might not be able to send emails.
- Browser Issue – AT&T email works best with the latest version of a compatible browser. Using incompatible browsers can result in a variety of issues. But, the good thing is AT&T is compatible with most browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Plugins and add-ons installed on the browser – We add plugins to our web browser to make the internet browsing experience smoother. But, sometimes, these add-ons can also cause email services to work in an inappropriate manner.
- Issues due to email clients – Many of us like to use AT&T email on email clients. But, in case there is a problem with an email client then you might have to deal with problems. Such kinds of issues occur mostly due to internet incorrect POP/ IMAP settings.
- Sign-in issues – It is necessary to log in to your AT&T email account in order to send an email. Remember, you can’t send an AT&T email unless you are and properly signed in.
- Size of the email you are sending – You are not allowed to send an email on AT&T of a size more than 25 MB. So, if you can’t send an AT&T email then you should check the size of the file you are sending.
- Format of the emails – Some formats are not allowed on AT&T. So, make sure you are not sending files with these formats through an AT&T email.
How to fix Unable to send AT&T emails?
Let’s go through the troubleshooting steps that you can follow in case you are not able to send AT&T emails.
Fix Connectivity Issues
- First of all, you need to ensure that the device on which you are using your AT&T email account is connected to the internet.
- To check the internet connection, you may simply try to run another website.
- In case the other website runs properly then it is an indication that your internet connection is fine.
- You must use AT&T email on a compatible browser.
- Fortunately, AT&T email runs well on most popular browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Also, you should confirm that you are not using AT&T email on an obsolete version of the browser. You must update immediately in case you are using an outdated browser. The steps to update a browser are different for various web browsers available.
- In case you are still not able to send an AT&T email then you should try to resend after removing the add-ons and plugins installed on the browser.
- We also recommend you update the Adobe Flash Player on your device.
Check and resolve AT&T Email Account Settings
- Ensure that the size of the email you are trying to send is not too big.
- Check the email address of the recipient. Confirm that you are not making any kind of mistake while entering the email address.
- Entering the incorrect email address is the most popular issue due to which error messages like Failed Delivery, Problem Found, Message not sent, etc. appear.
- Check your block list. Make sure you are not trying to send emails to someone you have blocked previously.
AT&T Sign-in Issues
- Confirm that you are properly signed into your account.
- Those who forget the AT&T password should run AT&T password recovery and reset the same.
Email Programs and Apps
- In order to use AT&T on an email client, you must enter the correct IMAP/ POP settings.
- Before checking the IMAP/ POP settings, you need to confirm that the email client you are using is compatible with your device.
- The IMAP and POP3 settings to set up AT&T email on different email clients. Please note that these settings are also applicable to email addresses with the following domains @ameritech.net, @att.net, @bellsouth.net, @currently.com, @flash.net, @nvbell.net, @pacbell.net, @prodigy.net, @sbcglobal.net, @snet.net, @swbell.net, or @wans.net.
|Outbound port||465 or 587|