Comcast Email not Working 2021: Issues while working with Comcast email are very common and seem to arise every now and then. The most common of all issues is the Comcast not working that comes into different forms. Most of the times, these issues are simple and can be fixed by the user just by following the right troubleshooting steps. In this article, presented are some of the ways to fix the Comcast email not working problems to help the users in case they encounter the same.
Possible reasons behind Comcast Email Not working
There can be many factors leading to issues while working with Comcast email service. Some prominent reasons as to why Comcast is not working are provided below. Knowing the actual reason can help in fixing the issue in a better manner.
- Problems with internet connection- Sometimes a slow internet connection can cause problems with Comcast email.
- Faulty web browser- An outdated or incompatible web browser can interfere with the working of Comcast.
- Interference from third-party software- Sometimes, certain third-party program running in your device can cause conflict with Comcast email.
- Issues with the device- In case there is any problem with the device you are using it might create problems with Comcast email.
- Poorly configured email service- If your Comcast email service is not configured with the correct settings, it will face working issues.
How to fix Comcast not working?
Some simple ways to solve the Comcast email not working are provided below with the aim to help the users in fixing this problem on their own. First you need to find out the actual reason behind the Comcast not working and then you can apply these troubleshooting measures.
- Fix the problems with your internet connection
Make sure that you have an internet connection with a fairly strong speed. If not, try restarting your router and readjusting your modem. Airplane mode should be turned off in your device. If you are using a mobile device make sure that you have an active data plan.
- Resolve the issues with your web browser
If you think that the Comcast email not working problem might be due the issue with your browser, you can follow the steps given below to resolve this:
- If you are not already using the latest version of your browser, download the same and then try opening Comcast email.
- Clear cookies and caches from your browser. If needed you might also need to clear the browser history.
- Temporarily disable any extensions or plug-ins that you have added to your browser.
- If nothing else works, you might want to use another browser to open Comcast email.
- Temporarily disable third-party program running in your system
Third-party software, especially an antivirus program or a firewall running in your system in the background can be disabled temporarily to see if this fixes the Comcast not working issue. Make sure to resume these services once you are done working with Comcast email as your device is at risk for the duration the antivirus program is turned off.
- Solve the issues with the device you are using
Few basic troubleshooting to fix the issues with the device that you are using that can be responsible for not working of Comcast email is provided below.
- Sometimes, a simple restart of your device can fix the Comcast email not working problem.
- Make sure that all the important operating system updates are installed in your device.
- Presence of a virus in your system can cause issues while working with Comcast email. Scan your system for virus and remove if found.
- If there is any scan ongoing in your system, wait for it to finish till you can work with Comcast.
- Also, if using through the mail app, make sure that the application id updated to its latest version.
- Fix configuration issues with your email account
If using Comcast email through a third-party email client or via mobile application, make sure that you configured your account using the correct IMAP/ POP settings. If you are not sure about the same, you can reconfigure Comcast email again on your device with the right settings. The correct settings for Comcast email setup is the following:
- Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON
- Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP)
- Encryption: TLS (use SSL if TLS is not showing)
Note: If your Comcast email is not working properly due to server error or network outage in your area, you will simply have to wait till Comcast resolves this problem on its end.