Comcast Email not Working Today : Issues while working with Comcast email are very common and seem to arise every now and then. The most common of all issues is the Comcast not working that comes into different forms. Most of the times, these issues are simple and can be fixed by the user just by following the right troubleshooting steps. In this article, presented are some of the ways to fix the Comcast email not working problems to help the users in case they encounter the same.
Possible reasons behind Comcast Email Not working Today
There can be many factors leading to issues while working with Comcast email service. Some prominent reasons as to why Comcast is not working are provided below. Knowing the actual reason can help in fixing the issue in a better manner.
- Problems with internet connection- Sometimes a slow internet connection can cause problems with Comcast email.
- Faulty web browser- An outdated or incompatible web browser can interfere with the working of Comcast.
- Interference from third-party software- Sometimes, certain third-party program running in your device can cause conflict with Comcast email.
- Issues with the device- In case there is any problem with the device you are using it might create problems with Comcast email.
- Poorly configured email service- If your Comcast email service is not configured with the correct settings, it will face working issues.
How to fix Comcast not working?
Some simple ways to solve the Comcast email not working are provided below with the aim to help the users in fixing this problem on their own. First you need to find out the actual reason behind the Comcast not working and then you can apply these troubleshooting measures.
- Fix the problems with your internet connection
Make sure that you have an internet connection with a fairly strong speed. If not, try restarting your router and readjusting your modem. Airplane mode should be turned off in your device. If you are using a mobile device make sure that you have an active data plan.
- Resolve the issues with your web browser
If you think that the Comcast email not working problem might be due the issue with your browser, you can follow the steps given below to resolve this:
- If you are not already using the latest version of your browser, download the same and then try opening Comcast email.
- Clear cookies and caches from your browser. If needed you might also need to clear the browser history.
- Temporarily disable any extensions or plug-ins that you have added to your browser.
- If nothing else works, you might want to use another browser to open Comcast email.
- Temporarily disable third-party program running in your system
Third-party software, especially an antivirus program or a firewall running in your system in the background can be disabled temporarily to see if this fixes the Comcast not working issue. Make sure to resume these services once you are done working with Comcast email as your device is at risk for the duration the antivirus program is turned off.
- Solve the issues with the device you are using
Few basic troubleshooting to fix the issues with the device that you are using that can be responsible for not working of Comcast email is provided below.
- Sometimes, a simple restart of your device can fix the Comcast email not working problem.
- Make sure that all the important operating system updates are installed in your device.
- Presence of a virus in your system can cause issues while working with Comcast email. Scan your system for virus and remove if found.
- If there is any scan ongoing in your system, wait for it to finish till you can work with Comcast.
- Also, if using through the mail app, make sure that the application id updated to its latest version.
- Fix configuration issues with your email account
If using Comcast email through a third-party email client or via mobile application, make sure that you configured your account using the correct IMAP/ POP settings. If you are not sure about the same, you can reconfigure Comcast email again on your device with the right settings. The correct settings for Comcast email setup is the following:
- Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON
- Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP)
- Encryption: TLS (use SSL if TLS is not showing)
Note: If your Comcast email is not working properly due to server error or network outage in your area, you will simply have to wait till Comcast resolves this problem on its end.
Unable to Send Comcast Email
One of the most common problems that various users have to deal with while using Comcast email is not being able to send an email. Here are some steps that you may follow in case Comcast isn’t sending emails.
- First of all, make sure your internet connection is working fine because you can’t send a Comcast email without stable internet connectivity.
- You should also confirm that the size of the file you are trying to send through the Comcast email is not too big. You may consider breaking a big file into multiple smaller files.
- There are some file formats that are not supported by the Comcast email. If you are trying to send the file in these formats then you might have to deal with errors. So, make sure you are not sending these file formats.
- Check and confirm that the browser through which you are sending the file is compatible. For the best performance, we request you to go for browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.
- The browser you are using to send Comcast email should be up-to-date. You must update in case you are using an outdated browser.
- Many add-ons and plugins can also be problematic while sending Comcast emails. So, if you are using such add-ons then we recommend you avoid them.
- It is also possible that you might be making a typing mistake while entering the email address of your recipient. Such mistakes can also stop you from sending Comcast emails. So, ensure that you type the email address of your recipient correctly.
Comcast email password Not Working
Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to sign in to your email account when you are looking to send or receive an important email. In such a situation, you can reset your Comcast email password by following the steps listed below.
- First of all, you need to open the Xfinity Comcast password reset tool i.e. xfinity.com/password.
- In the next step, you must provide your Xfinity ID and click on the “Continue” button.
Note: If you don’t know your Xfinity ID then you may go to xfinity.com/username.
- Now, the captcha code will display on your screen. You will have to enter the same carefully.
- Next, you should select the method by which you want to recover your Comcast email account.
- Depending upon the option you have selected in the last step, you will a password recovery code either on your password recovery phone number or alternate email ID.
- The option to create a new password will display on your screen once you enter the security code.
- In case you don’t have a phone number or alternate email ID linked to your account then you will have to answer the security questions.
- Provide a new password for your Comcast email account and confirm the same by entering it one more time.
- Finally, save the changes.
You may now log into your Comcast email account by entering the new password.