Fix Gmail Is Not Syncing with iPhone/ iOS: We won’t be exaggerating if we say Gmail is the synonym of email for many people. There are millions of people who use Gmail on daily basis. One feature that makes Gmail extra special is that you can easily sync it with your iPhones and Android devices. However, its feature doesn’t work perfectly every time. Sometimes, you may have to face problems with Gmail Syncing on mobile devices. Thankfully, it is very easy to fix Gmail not syncing with iPhone/ iOS problems.
In this post, we will let you know why Gmail is not syncing with your iPhone/ iOS. Apart from this, we will let you know how to fix Gmail not syncing problem on iPhone/ iOS as well as Android devices.
Errors and Issues caused by Gmail app not syncing Today
You can face a variety of issues while email when the Gmail app is not syncing.
- Gmail Inbox not updating
- “Gmail Account not synced” error
- Not receiving Gmail notifications for new messages
- Gmail App is very slow
- Can’t send mail, or mail is stuck in send
- Not receiving or not loading new mail
- Can’t open or read mail
So, if you are dealing with any of the above errors then it is possible that your Gmail app might not be syncing properly.
What are the causes of the Gmail not syncing problem 2022?
Well, there is a plethora of causes that can cause Gmail not to sync properly on the iPhone.
- Poor Internet Connectivity – Having a good internet connection is the basic requirement in order to sync Gmail with iPhone. In case you are connected to a weak or interrupted Internet connection then you might have to deal with the synchronization problem.
- Error with Sync Settings – It is possible that Gmail might not be properly linked with your iPhone that’s why you are facing such an issue. In order to link Gmail with your iPhone, you will have to set it up on your device using the correct IMAP/ SMTP settings.
- Your device storage space – To use any application on iPhone, it is compulsory for you to have enough storage space available on your device. In case your device is running out of storage space then Gmail email messages might not sync.
- Background app refresh – The active background app refresh is also important in order to sync Gmail data on iPhone. If the background app refresh is not active then you may have to deal with different kinds of issues.
How to fix Gmail not syncing on iPhone & iPad?
Here are the steps that you may follow in case your Gmail app is not syncing properly on your iPhone or other iOS devices.
- First and foremost, you need to ensure that your iPhone or other iOS devices will release in online mode only.
- Those who are using public wifi like schools or libraries might need to load the website in order to accept Terms & Conditions before you’re actually connected.
- Ensure that the Airplane mode is not active in your iPhone.
- You should also turn on background app refresh. Here are the steps to do so.
- Firstly, you should open your device settings.
- Scroll down and tap on “Gmail”.
- Now, Turn on “Background app refresh”.
- In case the problem continues then you should check sync settings on your Gmail app.
- Open the Gmail app and tap the menu icon available at the top left corner.
- Then, scroll down and tap Settings.
- After that, you will have to choose your account.
- Tap sync settings and choose the number of days for which you want to sync.
- Check the storage space available on your device. In case you are running out of storage space then you should remove some rarely used applications.
- To check how much space you have left you may visit www.gooogle.com/settings/storage on your computer.
- Sometimes, the problem can also occur because you might be using a non-Gmail email address in the Gmail app. For example – you might be using @yahoo.com or @hotmail.com error with the Gmail app. If there is some wrong with the non-Gmail email address then a synchronization problem can occur.
Steps to fix Gmail not syncing on Android
Gmail synchronization problems are not limited to iPhone/ iOS devices only. In fact, such problems can also occur with Android as well. The steps to fix Gmail not syncing problem on android are as follows.
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the Internet. To check your internet connectivity, you may try to open any other website on your device. If the website runs well then it is an indication that your internet connection is fine.
- Check and confirm that your Android phone is not on Airplane mode.
- Depending uon your sync settings, the Gmail app not might be checking for new mail. Here is what you need to do to check this.
- Firstly, you will have to open the Gmail App.
- Tap on the menu icon available on the top left corner
- Tap on the “Settings” button.
- In case you have more than one account then you should choose the account you are not getting emails for.
- Finally, ensure that the “Sync Gmail” option is checked.
- Check the sync settings on your Android device.
- Close the Gmail app and open “Settings” on your android phone.
- Tap the “Accounts” option available under “Personal”.
- Tap on the “More” button available at the top-right corner.
- Check or uncheck Auto-sync data.
Note – The above steps to check the sync settings are applicable to Android 5.0 and up.
- Confirm that there is no issue with your email service provider in case you are using a non-Gmail email address through the Gmail App.
- In case the problem continues even after trying all the steps mentioned in this post then it is better to contact the Gmail service and seek more help.