AT&T is a complete email service in the true sense. It has many incredible features and functions that make it one of the finest email services available on the Internet. You can add contact and modify them quite easily on AT&T email. However, one problem that keeps on troubling the AT&T email users is that many a time it is tricky to restore missing or deleted AT&T email contacts.
If you are also finding it difficult to restore AT&T Mail contacts after deleting them then this post is going to help you a lot. Here, we will let you know about the steps that you may follow to safely restore all missing and deleted contacts on AT&T email accounts.
How to restore AT&T email contact?
It is very easy to restore AT&T email contacts. You just need to know the correct steps to do so. Please note that the steps to recover AT&T email lost contact depends on whether you want to recover an individual contact or multiple contacts at once. Let’s discuss the steps for both scenarios.
Restore Individual AT&T email contacts
Generally, you can recover a contact only if you have deleted the same within the last 30 days. The exact process that you need to follow is explained below.
- Firstly, you need to sign into your AT&T email account.
- Then, choose the “Contacts” option. You will find this option on the right side of your inbox.
- After that, select the “Deleted contacts” option.
- Now, check the tick box available next to the contact you want to restore back in your AT&T email account.
- Click on the “Restore” button once you are done selecting the contacts you want to recover.
- Confirm the restoration by clicking on the “Restore” button once again.
- The contacts will get saved within your AT&T contacts.
- Finally, you should click on the “Done” button.
Recover all AT&T Email contacts at once
In case you are unable to find the contact you are looking for in the previous method then you can opt for recovering all AT&T deleted contacts at once.
Important Note – If you go for the option of recovering all your AT&T contacts at once then you can restore them from a backup of a particular previous date. If you have added new contacts recently after taking the backup then you might lose these contacts. So, we recommend you taking a backup of your current list so that you don’t lose any of your important contacts.
- First of all, log in to your AT&T email account.
- Choose the “Contacts” option available right to your inbox and select “Deleted Contacts”.
- Next, You need to click on the “Restore from backup” option.
- After that, choose the date and time to which you want to restore your AT&T email contact.
- Unfortunately, if you can’t find a list of dates available then you can’t restore the contacts. It is an indication that AT&T can’t find any contact from your address book to the store.
- Click on the “Restore” button once you are done selecting the date and time.
- You need to click on the “Restore” button in order to confirm the restoration process.
So, this is how you can restore individual or all deleted contacts in AT&T email.
How to Add, Manage, or Import AT&T Email Contacts?
Now, you know how to restore deleted contact in AT&T email, let’s go and check the step to add, manage, and Import AT&T email contacts.
Steps to Add AT&T email contacts
On AT&T Mail
- Sign in to your AT&T email account and choose “Contacts”.
- Next, you need to select the “+Add a new contact” option.
- Enter all the required details related to the contact you want to add and select “Save”.
- If you want to save a contact from an open email, choose “+ Add to contacts”.
From Basic mail
- First of all, you need to choose the “Contacts” option.
- Next, choose “Add Contact”.
- Enter all the necessary information regarding the contact you are adding.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button.
How to Edit or Remove AT&T mail contacts?
On your Basic webmail inbox
- Go to your AT&T email account and click on “Contacts”.
- Click on the three vertical dots icon.
- Choose “Edit Contact” or “Delete” as per your requirement.
From basic mail
- Choose the “contacts” option.
- Scroll down to the entry you are looking to change.
- Select the pencil icon in order to make the necessary changes.
- In case you want to delete the contact, you just need to click on the trash can and the contact will be removed.
Import Contacts in your AT&T Email accounts
An easy to add a large number of contacts to your AT&T email account is by importing them from Google, Outlook.com, or Yahoo! Mail. Check the step to do so.
- First of all, you will have to log in to your AT&T email account.
- Click on the “Contacts” button after signing in.
- Choose the “More” option by clicking on the three vertical dots icon.
- Click on the “Import” button.
- Select the “Import” button once again that is available next to the email service provide you want to get contacts from.
- After that, you just need to follow the instructions that will appear on your screen.
Point to remember – AT&T allows you to add contacts from email clients as well. To do that, you have to save your address book from email clients (Outlook, Apple Mail, etc.) as a .csv or .vcf file. The best thing about AT&T is that supports importing contacts from both .csv and .vcf files. Check with the manufacturer of your email client to know more.