Gmail is world’s most used E-Mail provider having millions of users using it on a daily basis. But what happens when due to some reasons, you can’t access your Gmail account? Well the situation is not that pretty because most of our professional work relies on it. It eventually becomes a headache when you have exhausted all attempts to access it or, have you really tried all the attempts? Well we’re going to explain the solution of this most common problem in an easy way. So without further ado, let’s dive deeper into the problem and look for the respective solution. Let’s take a look at the variety of issues that you might have encountered due to which you’re not able to access your Gmail account –
- Forgot Password
- Forgot Username or Email Address
- Know the login credentials , but still can’t sign-in
- Account Hacked or Unfamiliar Activity Spotted
Forgot Password Issue
Follow the steps to recover your account –
- Go to the “account recovery” page on Gmail.
- Enter your Email or Phone number.
- Follow the steps, the prompt ask you to do.
- Rest your password and try login using the new password.
Forgot Username or Email Address
If you have forgotten your username or Email, then don’t fret and simply follow the steps given below to get your gmail access back-
- Go to the “user name recovery” section on Gmail.
- You’ll be asked to enter Email or Phone number.
- Then follow the instruction of the prompt and answer as many question as you can.
- Follow the steps to confirm your account.
- If you entered a phone number, enter the code sent to that phone.
- If you entered a recovery email address, check its inbox for an email from Google. Enter the code from the email.
- You’ll encounter a list of usernames that match with your Gmail ID.
Know the login credentials still can’t sign-in Issue
If you know your Gmail ID and password but still can’t access Gmail, then here are the possibilities you might have been encountering –
- Getting an error message
- Page keeps on Refreshing
- Can’t access Gmail into a device or App
In case-1, turn-on the cookies in your browser and make sure you’re entering a valid password or else try to restore the Gmail account by following the restore/recover process mentioned above.
In case-2, you need to clear the cache and cookies from the browser to access the Gmail.
In case-3, if you’ve opted for two-step verification, then try to access Gmail by a device, mobile or desktop app respectively. Always remember to create a different password for all the apps you’re using.
Account Hacked or Unfamiliar Activity Issue
If you have observed a suspicious activity on your Gmail account and you are facing trouble accessing you account then, you need to take a security check up on the Gmail Support page. You’re also suggested to change your password immediately to avoid further damage. Alternatively you can update your browsers and report any malicious link which can further threaten your account’s security.
In case you’re still not able to access the Gmail account, then you can contact the Gmail customer support for further guidance.